Good News From Israel: Christians Expanding Relief Efforts Among Jews & Muslims
By Joel C. Rosenberg
As 2011 comes to an end, I’d like to pass along some good news from Israel. With war clouds building in the Mideast, and poverty expanding, Christians over the U.S., Canada and around the world are stepping up their efforts to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus in real and practical ways, just as the Scriptures command us. The Joshua Fund is so honored to be part of this trend. We’ve just posted our year-end report to our donors and we’re encouraged by all that the Lord is doing. Here are some highlights:
- By God’s grace and your faithful prayers and financial support, The Joshua Fund has been able to increase the number of food distribution centers that we supply and support in Israel from 7 centers a year ago to 12 centers today.
- You’ve helped us to expand and improve the operations of the warehouse we rent in the center of the country, and we’re stockpiling more supplies for coming wars and other national emergencies.
- As a result, this year you enabled us to touch the lives of 28,370 families in the epicenter with the love of Jesus Christ through food, clothing, medical supplies or other types of humanitarian relief.
- What’s more, you’ve helped us sponsor Bible training conferences and pastor retreats for Israelis, Palestinians, Iraqis and Egyptians.
- You’ve helped us broadcast the Word of God and the Gospel in the epicenter through Christian radio stations in the West Bank and Iraq.
- Just this month, you enabled us to sponsor an evangelistic Christmas outreach to 1,200 Arab Muslims at three events around Israel (including 450 women, 350 men, and 400 children).
- You’ve helped us to encourage and support harassed and persecuted believers in the epicenter.
- In May, you enabled us to host the 2011 Epicenter Conference from Jerusalem which reached more than 50,000 people in 113 countries with the Biblical message from the Book of Joel – a message of prayer, fasting, repentance and the importance of returning to God and His Word.
- Please read the full report and reports from previous years so you can get a better sense of what the Lord is doing, and how you are helping.
Thank you so very much! Many serious challenges lie ahead in 2012, but we are deeply grateful to the Lord and to you for standing with us. Would you consider a generous, year-end, tax deductible financial contribution to The Joshua Fund? This will help us continue providing food, clothing and medical supplies to the poor and needy in Israel; stockpiling supplies ahead of the next Mideast war; educating and mobilizing Christians around the world; and teaching the Holy Scriptures in Israel and the epicenter.Thanks again, and may the Lord bless you according to Genesis 12:1-3 as you continue to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus.