Pray with us . . . for peace and security on the Israeli-Gaza border
Haaretz has reported that at least 70 rockets were fired from Gaza at southern Israel on Wednesday as part of a mortar attack on Israel Defense Forces stationed near the Gaza border.. “The Israeli Air Force launched airstrikes in the Gaza Strip shortly after 10 p.m. on Wednesday in retaliation for a massive rocket barrage earlier in the day, the largest of its kind since 2012,” reported The Times of Israel at 5pm eastern. “Palestinians said at least five strategic points were hit in the coastal enclave, primarily in areas around the cities of Khan Younis and Rafah.”
Please pray for peace and security on the Israeli-Gaza border. Pray, too, for all the families on both sides of the border, and for the leaders of Israel and the Palestinians to have wisdom to stop the violence and care for casualties.
Moreover, we encourage you to pray:
- For believers in Gaza as well as in Israel to hear clearly from the Lord how to minister the love of Jesus to those in fear and in need around them.
- For the Lord to reveal opportunities for believers on both sides to openly, publicly share their love and care for each other as followers of Jesus, to be praying fervently for each other. "By this shall all men know you are My disciples, by the love you have one for another." (John 13:35)
- That the Lord would reveal opportunities for The Joshua Fund and our partners to minister uniquely in this moment...that He would lead us into "good works prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)
- For the Lord to restrain those intent on working evil.
- For godly leaders of the people to rise up in this moment and step forth with clear, bold voices, both in Israel and Gaza….people who will "seek peace and pursue it." (Psalm 34:14)
- For our obedience to keep our own hearts soft towards even our enemies, that we become willing to follow the Lord in His command for us to love them.